How To Make Music Videos For YouTube




my pic of Eugene Oregon
About a month ago I started uploading videos to my YouTube account. I had a channel before this, but never uploaded videos to it. I even linked Adsense to it, now my videos are monetized. This may be easy for some people, but for others it's a bit of a mystery. 

The purpose of my YouTube channel is mostly for music videos, where I play guitar and harmonica and put a picture of my own and place it there. Also, I have been putting annotations on the screen with Bible scriptures. As I go along, I'm learning more and improving the recording sound. 

I started off recording on my smart phone through an app, then I found a free program called Audacity to record tracks from the computer. At first I used a headset to record, then I bought a microphone from St. Vincent for a couple bucks. The sound is decent I think, at least it is improving as I go. 

Everything I upload is unique content, my pictures and recordings. This way I don't have to worry about any copyright infringement. There is fair use laws and other copyright usability for certain things, I just haven't learned all that yet. Also, I'm focusing on this channel to make it unique content with music, conspiracy, and how-to videos, all from a Christian perspective. Sort of like my two blogs, but add the music. 

First off I want to say that there are different ways to make a video and put it on YouTube. Depending on your phones capabilities you can upload a video you recorded right off your phone. There is probably a way put an external mic into your phone, but I'm not sure cause I haven't done it. If you can't upload to YouTube from your phone (which is me), then you can upload it to Google+ and then save it to your computer from there. Then you can move it from your computer to YouTube from their upload button. That is how I have done a couple videos. 


cc from flickr.com
If you want to start putting music you've recorded from your computer onto YouTube you  can do it with a computer, Internet access, a microphone, and a couple programs. The programs you need are Windows Movie Maker, and Audacity. The process goes something like this:

Record your track on Audacity, export it to your computer as a MP3, then open up Windows Movie Maker and import the file you just saved from your documents, then place the file you've opened in the editing area where you are making the movie. Then upload a picture or video to go along with it and place it in the section where you are editing your video in Windows Movie Maker. Then you save the movie to your computer. 

Now you go to YouTube and press on the upload button, then you find the file you saved from Movie Maker in the videos section of my documents. The file will process, upload and then you fill out the information there at YouTube and publish it to your channel. That's the short of it. 

You have to create a channel first of course, which is as easy as signing up for it. 

If you want to monetize your account, you have to first have an Adsense account. You have to apply for an account after you have a site you are on, which they see fit to give you an account for. You can get an Adsense account from having a Blog at Blogger, from Webanswers, or from Hubpages. The way I got it was by having a blog at Blogger, but now my Adsense is also linked to Webanswers and Hubpages. You will have to look into this a bit. Once you have the Adsnense account, you simply put your YouTube account onto your Adsense account and then you be able to make money when someone clicks on the ads which display on your video. Google owns Adsense of course. 

The process does take some effort and research, but it isn't as hard as you might think. Once you have these things set up and usable, then you can focus on creating your videos and growing your YouTube channel. Here is a video of mine and my channel link, and if you press on the links throughout this post, you will be directed to other blogs and information that will help you understand the process. God bless, and happy posting. Don't forget to subscribe to my channel too. 


Link: Robbie Lowdown0's YouTube Channel




Here is a good tutorial about how to use Movie Maker in Yahoo Answers: Movie Maker Tutorial



Comments

Follow AWR on Substack